Thursday, July 21, 2005

Guitarkansas

MB called me this morning as he started out on his twelve hour drive from Iowa to Arkansas. His wedding is about two months away and it's time for him to visit his family. I know that this trip is one of many he'll make over the next few weeks. It's a busy time for him, but we make time to talk.

During most of our conversations, a great deal of silliness arises. It's become a goal I look forward to reaching. It's usually a signal that we've been on the phone too long, said everything we had to say, and that good-byes are imminent. "I'm going to hang up on you now" has become a sort of punch line for us. I'll explain the origin of this humor at some other point.

After our normal chit-chat, my wandering mind puts together disconnected pieces of earlier topics. Arkansas and guitars are both parts of MB's life. I've never been to Arkansas, but I enjoy hearing him talk about it. Guitars, I love.

I can't help myself at this point. It's in my head now and it's making me grin. I've got to say it.

"Guitarkansas" I said to MB. "I think they should change the name."

Silence was his first response, but I knew he was smiling. I was trying not to laugh out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

CIA Leak Investigation Timer